Kyocera SLD Laser, Inc. (KSLD) - based in California, US - is a dynamic growth stage company with a mission to pioneer the future of light with our game changing laser based light sources and beyond lighting vision. We are to grow our team as we continue our innovation in direct emission laser diode products and driving our revolutionary LaserLight sources toward further integration with advanced functionality such as sensing and communication for next generation mobility, automotive, and smart lighting applications.
Innovate with us - We are pioneering the future of light!
We are a highly driven, collaborative team that goes above and beyond to create the next generation of light. We value our teams diversity and encourage people to act on new ideas to commercialize tomorrows product innovations today. Our game-changing technology and spirit of innovation connects us closely with our customers and the communities we serve.
We are looking for you as:
Customer Quality Manager (m/f/d)
The Customer Quality Engineer (CQE) is responsible for developing and maintaining quality communication with customers and procedures to ensure the best quality service is delivered to our valuable customers in Germany and other EU countries. You will manage the Customer Quality communication from local side within the KSLD global quality team in a manner which assures a professional support on Customer Quality related aspects and lead and coordinate the Customer complaint handling process.
You will lead the process of customer complaint and ensure reporting (8D FA steps in Automotive) as well and in addition, you confirm the closing of customer complaint by using proper method. You are an excellent communicator with a strong background in customer service and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while driving a great customer experience.
- Initiate and support the customer complaint handling process with KSLD FA team and CM's FA team.
- First analysis of the failed product, definition, and execution of containment action at local side (Customer, local inventory point, etc) and initiation of risk analysis
- Reporting of FA update via standard format, communication to customers and explain technical update to customers (8D, PDCA report, 5D)
- Keeping the customer informed on progress of the complaint handling, in direct contact with the customer locally
- Communication of customer relevant feedback to Production, Engineering, and within SLD global quality team
- Evaluation of complaint statistics, and reporting to the CQM on daily, weekly, and monthly base. (frequency is up to situation)
- Support customer audits related to quality complaints
- Support technical discussion with customer from local side about product and process in cooperation with Engineering /Program Management Division in SLD
- Support Supplier audits at Europe local (VDA 6.3 certification is required)
- You own either an engineering degree, bachelor or above
- You have a successful track record and at least 5 years of experience in the industry
- Ability to work with global quality team and other SLD team (satellite office work place)
- Proactive quality approach mentality for customer satisfaction
- Understanding of Zero defect approach in Automotive industry
- At least 5 years for Automotive Quality experience. (Preferable certified VDA 6.3 auditor & basic IATF 16949 knowledge)
- Basic knowledge of LED or Laser device (Technical, manufacturing)
- You are fluent in German, English and computer literate
- Full knowledge for 8D report steps and reporting.
- Willingness to travel for appr. 30% of time in Bavaria
- An unlimited employment contract at our Munich office site
- Flexible working time und mobile working belong to our understanding of work-life-Balance
- You do have the chance to work and act in a friendly and supporting working environment
- Home office as a permanent solution can be offered